Like mini pizza bites, but healthier (and dare we say tastier?)
It’s official: eggplant is here to take over your next pizza night. These pizza nests are crispy and cheesy, with all the traditional elements you love. Better yet, it comes together on one baking sheet. Read on to discover your new go-to recipe for pizza night. See the recipe in action here, created by our friend @thegreatspoonfeed.
- Gotham Greens Vegan Pesto
- Gotham Greens Basil
- Gotham Greens Green Harissa Dip
- 1 eggplant
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Shredded mozzarella
- Pepperoni Slices
- Black pepper
How to make it:
- Slice eggplant horizontally into ½-inch thick slices.
- Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Allow to sit for 15-30 min, then blot eggplant with paper towel to dry.
- Spray or brush each eggplant slice with oil and bake for 30 min.
- Remove from oven and set eggplant aside.
- In the same baking tray, spoon about 1 tbsp grated Parmigiano Reggiano and spread out into circles as shown.
- Top each circle with roasted eggplant slices, Gotham Greens Vegan Pesto, shredded mozzarella, and a pepperoni slice.
- Bake for 5 min and then broil for 3-5 min until all the cheese is golden and crispy. Garnish with fresh Gotham Greens Basil leaves & black pepper.
- Dip into Gotham Greens Green Harissa Dip & enjoy!