Seeking a spicy, earthy appetizer that’s ready in less than 20 minutes? Keep reading.
These fancy yet quick snacks are perfect for your next dinner party (or just dinner, period.) With creamy, savory and tangy elements, your guests will be requesting seconds— so we recommend a side dish of extra Green Harissa Dip, just in case.
1 package (6.5oz) Gotham Greens Green Harissa Dip
8 oz mushrooms such as oyster, maitake, shiitake, or a mix
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 package Ricotta (roughly 8oz)
Country Loaf or Bread of your choice
- Slice mushrooms into bite size pieces, roughly ½ inch.
- Heat butter in a large skillet on medium heat until it starts to foam.
- Add mushrooms to skillet, season with salt. Make sure they are spread out, and to avoid rubbery texture, do not stir. Cook for approximately 8 minutes, flipping once, until the mushrooms are lightly browned on both sides and fragrant.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, slice bread into 3 inch “crostini” size slices. Toast lightly in a pan or toaster.
- Once the mushrooms are done, spread a thick layer of ricotta onto each slice of toasted bread.
- Top each ricotta-topped bread with several mushrooms, filling each slice.
- Drizzle or spread approximately 1/2 tablespoon of Green Harissa on top of the mushrooms for each slice.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!