Pair those end of summer tomatoes with our dairy-free, flavor-packed version of classic Caprese. Our new Green Goddess Dip makes for the perfect mozz swap— and amplifies the basil for a refreshing touch. So, for those of you who tend to snatch extra basil leaves from the Caprese platter when no one’s looking, this one’s for you.
1 package (6.5oz) Gotham Greens Green Goddess Dip
3-4 medium/large heirloom tomatoes
1 package (1.25oz) Gotham Greens Basil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into ¼ inch slices.
- Lay the tomato slices on a platter or large plate, and sprinkle salt on top.
- Place 1-2 basil leaves on top of each tomato slice.
- Spread a tablespoon “dollop” of Green Goddess dip between each set of two tomatoes (these are your mozzarella replacements – feel free to add more or less to taste!)
- Drizzle the entire plate with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste
- Top with freshly ground pepper