Kelly Ruben‘s Basil Cauliflower Soup is a big, delicious dose of vegetables. The ingredients are simple, but this easy weeknight recipe is packed with flavor from fresh basil. Cook, blend and enjoy – that’s all there is to it.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 (about 1 cup) yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- .75 oz Gotham Greens Basil
- Kosher salt
- Grated parmesan, to garnish
- In a large pot on medium-low heat, sweat onions in olive oil with a pinch of salt for about 3 minutes.
- Add in garlic, cauliflower, and stock.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the ingredients to a blender and add in Gotham Greens Basil. For a thicker soup, leave out about 1- 1 ½ cups of the stock.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and season with salt to taste.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan, a drizzle of olive oil and chopped Gotham Greens Basil.