Denver Metro, Colorado
Gotham Greens is seeking a passionate, driven, and hardworking individual to fill a position as a Sanitation Technician for our Denver location. The Technician is responsible for day-to-day tasks as directed by the Plant Manager as it pertains to general sanitation of the facility. This is a hands-on role requiring an individual is a team player, one who is willing to roll up their sleeves, and isn’t afraid to get dirty.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
Areas of Responsibility
- Perform cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and work areas (including bathrooms, break rooms, hallways, stairwells, packhouse, nursery and under growing lines) in the entire greenhouse.
- Clean quickly and effectively as directed using materials and tools provided by Gotham Greens.
- Must be able to work in tight quarters and hard to reach areas, such as under growing lines, etc.
- Must learn and follow procedures in the proper way to clean & sanitize.
- Responsible for working in a safe manner, following safe work practices at all times.
- Must wear proper PPE (personal protective equipment) at all times.
- Provide ideas to improve efficiencies and cleanliness.
- Leads by example with a “can do” attitude.
- Laser focused attention to detail.
- Great multitasking abilities.
- Desire to grow and learn food safety rules and regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for a full 8 hour shift.
- A willingness and desire to assist in unrelated and/or unassigned tasks to ensure the effective operation of the greenhouse and packhouse.
- Must be a problem solver and be capable of identifying areas of efficiencies.
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.