Technical Project Manager
Gotham Greens is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager. The Technical Project Manager will collect requirements and coordinate project deliverables, timelines, priorities, and workflow in a truly cross-functional role. She/he/they will work in direct collaboration with stakeholders at Gotham Greens and serve as coordinator and relationship broker between all functional groups and IT to identify opportunities for efficiency and approaches to optimize the project management process using industry research and workflow analysis.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus but is not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing company improving the 21st century food system.
- A bachelor’s degree in an analytical/technical field (e.g. engineering, computer science, economics) and 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced degree in a technical field or MBA and experience working in project management at a large tech company or consulting firm preferred
- Ability to leverage strong planning skills, independent work ethic, and effective communication to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems covering multiple working groups simultaneously
- Strong experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and Project Management tools (e.g.: MS Project or Asana)
- Experience with scrum/agile project management
- Familiarity with user experience design, technology projects, and web technologies paired with a desire to continue expanding familiarity with new tools
- Proven track record of success with initiating, monitoring, and delivering projects
- PMP certification; Exposure to PMBOK and/or BABOK
- Advanced SQL & Tableau/data visualization software
- Coursework or experience in analytics, statistics, and/or econometrics
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation for sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.