Regional Logistics Specialist
Queens, New York
The Regional Logistics Specialist is responsible for coordinating the logistics and distribution of all Gotham Greens product in regions throughout the country. This person will initially be responsible for the New England, Mid Atlantic, Mid West, and Rocky Mountain regions. This role will work out of either our Chicago or New York City distribution centers. The official hours for this role will be 10AM-6PM Eastern, but the person filling this role will expected to be available to assist drivers whenever they are on the road (as early as 4AM Eastern).
In addition, the ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission. Experience in the greenhouse or fresh produce or perishables is preferred but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and highly organized person to join a rapidly growing, innovative company that is disrupting the 21st century food system.
Areas of Responsibility
- Utilizing Workwave Route Management Software (or other programs) to make daily truck routes
- Act as “Dispatch” for all drivers regarding delivery or vehicle issues including early mornings
- Maintain regular communication with Sales, Greenhouse, and Distribution staff and any other Gotham Greens staff who require updates throughout the day
- Generate daily distribution documentation (Packing Slips; Invoices; Transportation Logs;
- Transfer Slips) in our ERP system and process delivered orders
- Schedule dock appointments as needed for deliveries
- Review signed invoices and make adjustments as needed
- Work closely with Distribution Supervisors/Plant Managers to provide supervision of all drivers and delivery staff
- Work closely with Distribution Supervisors/Plant Managers to ensure that all vehicles receive regular preventative maintenance and receive attention in the case of any accidents or other mechanical issues
- At least 2 years experience in a logistics or distribution operations role including truck routing and scheduling delivery appointments
- At least 1 year supervisory experience
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience working with MS Office suite
- Demonstrated problem-solving experience
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Experience working with ERP and Route Management systems a plus
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation for sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.