IT Support Technician
Gotham Greens is seeking an IT Support Technician to improve our helpdesk operations and to increase our technological literacy across the organization. As an IT Support Technician, you will act as the first point of contact with IT for employees that need technical support. You will be supporting a diverse set of software and hardware systems including those specific to the greenhouse and produce industry.
Areas of Responsibility
- Provide technical support to employees facing software, hardware, and network issues
- Lead help desk operations by responding to tickets in a timely manner, triaging issues, then escalating when appropriate
- Maintain software and hardware inventories and purchase new equipment when needed
- Administer our AzureAD (Active Directory), Office 365, and SharePoint Online environments
- Create and deprovision users in AzureAD
- Assist in the creation and management of Office 365 groups and distribution lists
- Configure SharePoint sites and manage associated permissions
- Document resolutions to common support requests into an end-user facing guide
- Provide end-user training on our core systems and applications
- Maintain internal IT documentation on application configuration and support
- Assist our Systems Administrator in documenting our network and systems architecture
- Prior experience in a helpdesk or support oriented role
- IT Service Management or ITIL process experience a plus
- Knowledge of Cloud and On-Prem operations
- Ability to multi-task various technical projects
- Ability and knowledge to process and execute scheduled jobs
- Ability to troubleshoot network, software, and hardware issues
- Strong communication skills and the ability to convey technical content to a non-technical audience
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the willingness to work independently
- Experience with Office 365, AzureAD, and Intune or equivalent knowledge of user account administration, access control, and endpoint management using other technologies
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and experience using an IT ticketing system
- Comfortable supporting employees remotely and across multiple time-zones
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.