Gotham Greens has an immediate opening for an exceptional individual to be the IPM Specialist in our NYC Region. This position will support the Head Grower in all IPM related activities including but not limited to monitoring, prevention, and treatment. Overall, the Head Grower will oversee the IPM strategy and the IPM Specialist will be responsible for the execution of those plans.
The ideal candidate is passionate about plants, growing, and sustainable development and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission of contributing to a better food system. This is an opportunity for a driven individual to contribute to the long-term success at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive food manufacturing company for the 21st century food system. Come join a world class CEA team that is rooted in plant science and focused on optimizing all aspects of production to produce best in class yields and quality.
Areas of Responsibility
- Monitor all crops weekly for pest presence and activity
- Act with knowledge and awareness of seasonal issues and crop specific disease and pest issues
- Communicate any issues to all relevant teams
- Oversee preventative plans for greenhouse facilities – pest and season specific
- Work with Head Grower to support tasks critical to IPM prevention program
- Release all beneficial insects
- Monitor efficacy of introduced rates
- Work with Head Grower to determine additional treatments as required
- Support Ops Team as needed for IPM related training for greenhouse workers
- Maintain scouting records – pest tracker
- Maintain Weekly IPM Schedule
- Maintain all IPM related logs
- 2 years prior greenhouse experience preferred
- Ability to thrive at work under minimal supervision/direction
- Available to work weekends and work flexible hours as required
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in extreme seasonal temperatures
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving, attention to detail, and leadership skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and dips all year round to retail, restaurant and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 300+ full time team members are hard working, supportive and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.