Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic HR Associate to join the National HR team. As a consultant and implementer, the HR Associate will be accountable for the execution of HR strategy and all people related decisions and processes. The HR Associate will handle all facets of HR for two (2) Chicago greenhouses including: employee lifecycle, employee relations, recruiting, performance management, training, morale, and compensation/benefits. In addition, the HR associate will be an integral member of the site leadership team and partner with managers in HR matters. Working closely with the Head of HR and regional HR Associates, this position will bridge the gap between strategic and tactical HR functions, initiatives, and processes. The successful candidate will be exceptional at handling multiple priorities, communications at all levels, handling confidential and sensitive materials, and influencing various levels of stakeholders.
In addition, the ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission. Experience in the greenhouse or fresh produce or perishables is preferred but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and highly organized person to join a rapidly growing, innovative company that is disrupting the 21st century food system.
Areas of Responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university.
- Spanish Fluency required.
- Minimum three (3) years of recent Human Resources generalist experience, with emphasis on hiring, employee relations, training & development, internal corporate communications, process transformation, and implementing innovative employee solutions.
- Experience implementing HR practices within a consumer, production, or manufacturing environment consisting of exempt and nonexempt production workforce is strongly preferred.
- Strong results orientation with a demonstrated ability to oversee practical, solution-driven initiatives and human resource processes that are perceived as quickly adding value to the business.
- Proactive self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- Strong client orientation and ability to build working relationships, credibility, and trust.
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters, utilizing sound judgement in a complex environment; knowledge of IL and US employment laws.
- Experience working effectively with multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Additional skills: Microsoft Office, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, HRIS, Asana, Sharepoint.
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation for sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.