The Growing Assistant will assist the Regional Growing Team with varying tasks week to week as required. The position may include, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities. This position will travel to all facilities in the region.
Areas of Responsibility
- Support IPM Program
- Greenhouse Maintenance Support
- Nursery & Young Plant Care
- Irrigation & Plant Nutrition
- Record Keeping
- This position supports holiday and 7-day coverage with the rest of the growing team
- Read/write English
- Ability to do basic math and follow recipes
- Attention to detail
- Prior greenhouse experience preferred
- Ability to thrive at work under minimal supervision/direction
- Available to work weekends and work flexible hours as required
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in extreme seasonal temperatures
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and dips all year round to retail, restaurant and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 300+ full time team members are hard working, supportive and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.