Gotham Greens is seeking passionate, driven and hardworking individual to fill a position as a Distribution Assistant at its Providence Facility. The Distribution Assistant is responsible for order selection and loading products to be shipped from our facilities; shipping and receiving inbound and outbound deliveries; maintaining inventory and quality control throughout the shipping and receiving process.
Areas of Responsibility
- Order selection and loading
- Select and stage the correct product item number, quantities, and shelf life for shipment
- Inspect product quality while selecting orders. Only pack products that meet quality standards
- Isolate and report products with quality defects
- Securely pack products on pallets or carts, shrink wrapping and labelling as needed
- Move product to/from storage and loading dock for shipping and receiving
- Accurately record product information on paperwork and enter into ERP systems
- Shipping and receiving
- Using material handling equipment or by hand, move products, materials and supplies between storage areas and loading dock to be loaded/unloaded
- Load/unload, inspect and put away shipments of materials and supplies
- Inspect incoming shipments for quality defects, like damage, incorrect item numbers, or quantities
- Inventory control
- Stock, organize and consolidate storage space, as needed
- Rotate inventory by item number, lot code, and shelf life
- Support periodic company inventory by counting products, materials, and supplies
- Other duties as assigned, which may include cleaning, general labor, and administrative tasks
- Working in a warehouse or a distribution center preferred
- Handling food products and following food safety policies preferred
- Using a pallet-jack and material handling equipment
- Storing, handling, and shipping products, materials and supplies
- Using computers and ERP systems
- Perform basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- Lift and carry 50 pounds, stand, and continuously walk around for a full 8-hour shift
- Authorized to work in the US
- Have a reliable form of transportation
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.