Providence, Rhode Island
Gotham Greens is seeking passionate, driven and hardworking individual to fill a position as a Distribution Assistant at its Providence Facility. The Distribution Assistant is responsible for order selection and loading products to be shipped from our facilities; shipping and receiving inbound and outbound deliveries; maintaining inventory and quality control throughout the shipping and receiving process.
In addition, the ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission. Experience in the greenhouse or fresh produce or perishables is preferred but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and highly organized person to join a rapidly growing, innovative company that is disrupting the 21st century food system.
Areas of Responsibility
Order Selection and Loading:
- Select and stage the correct product item number, quantities, and shelf life for shipment. .
- Inspect product quality while selecting orders. Only pack products that meet quality standards.
- Isolate and report products with quality defects. .
- Securely pack products on pallets or carts, shrink wrapping and labelling as needed. .
- Move product to/from storage and loading dock for shipping and receiving. .
- Accurately record product information on paperwork and enter into ERP systems.
Shipping and Receiving:
- Using material handling equipment or by hand, move products, materials and supplies between storage areas and loading dock to be loaded/unloaded.
- Load/unload, inspect and put away shipments of materials and supplies.
- Inspect incoming shipments for quality defects, like damage, incorrect item numbers, or quantities.
- Stock, organize and consolidate storage space, as needed.
- Rotate inventory by item number, lot code, and shelf life.
- Support periodic company inventory by counting products, materials, and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include cleaning, general labor, and administrative tasks.
- Working in a warehouse or a distribution center preferred.
- Handling food products and following food safety policies preferred.
- Using a pallet-jack and material handling equipment.
- Storing, handling, and shipping products, materials and supplies.
- Using computers and ERP systems.
- Perform basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- Lift and carry 50 pounds, stand, and continuously walk around for a full 8-hour shift.
- Be authorized to work in the US.
- Have a reliable form of transportation.
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving, attention to detail, and leadership skills.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality.
- Passionate commitment to the company vision.
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food.
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and dips all year round to retail, restaurant and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 300+ full time team members are hard working, supportive and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.