Data Scientist Intern
Remote, EDT work hours
Gotham Greens is seeking a Data Science Intern who will collaborate closely with colleagues in a highly dynamic environment to develop visual analytical models, machine learning algorithms, and additional analyses to spot trends, patterns, and relationships. This individual will work cross-functionally to define problem statements, collect data, build analytical models and make recommendations. She/he/they will build and maintain data driven optimization models, experiments, forecasting algorithms, and machine learning models using tools like Python, R, SQL, and Tableau to drive efficient analytics.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus but is not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing company improving the 21st century food system.
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, or data science, advanced degree and/or prior work experience preferred
- Advanced statistics and/or econometrics with deep knowledge of predictive and statistical modeling and analysis
- Proficiency with data science tools including Python, R, SQL, and Tableau
- Ability to develop experimental and analytical plans for data modeling processes and analyze complex data sets
- Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems and drive change
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analyses implications clearly to a wide audience and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
- Creative in finding new solutions/designing innovative methods, systems, and processes
- Experience with Notebooks such as Jupiter and/or Zeppelin
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and dips all year round to retail, restaurant and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 300+ full time team members are hard working, supportive and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.