The Assistant Grower will support the Head Grower in managing all aspects of crop production at the greenhouse. This role is critical in maintaining the yields and quality of the plants and interfacing between the Growing team, Operations team, and other company departments.
Areas of Responsibility
- Walk Crop daily to monitor for any issues
- Support data collection as needed by Grower
- Oversee master crop schedule file
- Communicate between growing, operations, sales and distribution on schedule
- Oversee lab analysis for plant nutrition
- Create nutrient recipes – based on lab results, targets, and crop needs
- Manage all horticultural inventory planning and ordering
- This role will serve as food safety representative for the Growing Team
- Participate in all internal audits and record keeping
- This position supports holiday and 7-day coverage with the rest of the Growing Team
- This position supports additional greenhouse related operations tasks as needed
- Graduate degree in horticulture or related field
- 2 years prior greenhouse experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Chemistry background
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive at work under minimal supervision/direction
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in extreme seasonal temperatures
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.