Accounts Receivable Analyst
Brooklyn, New York
Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic AR Analyst to provide administrative finance support to our finance and accounting teams. The AR Analyst will handle all facets of accounts receivable and collections for multiple regions of the company, including but not limited to making sure receivables are within terms, establishing and checking customer’s credit, entering and applying payments, investigating any payment discrepancies, and assisting with day-to-day AR responsibilities. Working closely with the Accounting Manager, this position will help streamline the credit and collections process. The successful candidate will be exceptional at handling multiple priorities, communications at all levels, and taking initiative.
In addition, the ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and highly organized person to join a rapidly growing, innovative company that is disrupting the 21st century food system.
Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare and email customer statements
- Process incoming cash receipts, credit card payments, ach/wire payments, and apply against open customer accounts
- Make collection calls and/or correspondence to delinquent customers
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues, processing of customer credit memos or refunds, processing and review of account adjustments, resolving customer discrepancies and short payments. Enlist the efforts of Sales and Senior Management when necessary to accelerate the collections process.
- Assist with annual and interim audit requests, as assigned.
- Establish a credit checking process and maintain credit checks for new customers.
- Assist with new customer set up and onboarding.
- Coordinate with logistics team for receiving internal copies of invoices.
- Perform various physical and digital filing of invoices, paystubs, and other administrative tasks.
- Track credit and debit note requests.
- Ensure clean work areas, bins, trays, scales, tables. No mobile phones or food on packing tables.
- Provide excellent and considerate customer service internally and to external customers.
- Other special projects, duties, and business initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in accounts receivable, credit, and collections.
- Advanced knowledge of ERP accounting systems (Sage ERP a plus).
- Advanced knowledge of Collections Software (Anytime Collect a plus).
- AR/ collections experience in the financial aspects of manufacturing companies.
- Ability to think independently; a professional demeanor, a can-do attitude and other qualities that include decisiveness, excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, able to work according to schedules and work plans, ask good questions and request help as needed. Contributes to team effort.
- Good record keeping and organization.
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment – someone who will take initiative.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters, utilizing sound judgement in a complex environment.
- Experience working effectively with multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Laser focused attention to detail and well organized.
- Tech savvy with impeccable computer skills.
- An extrovert personality with a “can do” attitude.
- Great multitasking abilities.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint.
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of accounts receivable, collections, and accounting
- Knowledge of automated collections and accounting reporting systems
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Strong commitment to company vision and appreciation of principles of sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and dips all year round to retail, restaurant and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 300+ full time team members are hard working, supportive and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.