Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic Accounting Analyst to provide administrative finance support to our finance and accounting teams. The Accounting Analyst will handle all facets of accounts receivable and collections for multiple regions of the company, including, but not limited to confirming receivables are within terms, establishing and checking customer credit, entering and applying payments, investigating any payment discrepancies, and assisting with day-to-day AR responsibilities. Working closely with the Accounting Manager, this position will help streamline the credit and collections process. The successful candidate will be exceptional at handling multiple priorities, communications at all levels, and taking initiative.
In addition, the ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and highly organized person to join a rapidly growing, innovative company that is disrupting the 21st century food system.
Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare, send, and file customer statements and invoices
- Process incoming cash receipts, credit card payments, ach/wire payments, and apply against open customer accounts
- Make collection calls and/or correspondence to delinquent customers
- Enlist the efforts of Sales and Senior Management when necessary to accelerate the collections process
- Establish a credit checking process and maintain credit checks for new customers
- Assist with new customer set up and onboarding
- Coordinate with logistics team for receiving internal copies of invoices
- Perform various physical and digital filing of invoices, paystubs, and other administrative tasks
- Track credit and debit note requests
- Assist with annual and interim audit requests, as assigned
- Provide excellent and considerate customer service internally and to external customers
- Other special projects, duties, and business initiatives as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience in accounts receivable, credit, and collections (internships included)
- Knowledge of automated collections and accounting reporting systems
AR/ collections exposure in the financial aspects of manufacturing companies
- Ability to think independently and take initiative, professional demeanor, can-do attitude, excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work according to schedules and work plans, ask questions and request help as needed. Contributes to team effort
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters, utilizes sound judgement in a complex environment
- Experience working effectively with multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation for sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.